No matter where you are in your business, if you want to grow strategically, you’ve got to have some kind of planning in place for the future. There are really traditional ways you can do this, but that’s not the only approach, or even the best for everyone.
Over the years, I’ve refined my annual planning approach and figured out what works well for me and my business, and in today’s episode, I’m going to share my step-by-step process.
Planning for the year ahead should be rooted in your core values and vision for your business. By reflecting on the current year, choosing a word for the next year, and creating a roadmap for your business, you will find more alignment and be able to build your business in a way that supports what you want for your life.
On Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- The importance of reflecting on your year before planning ahead for the next one
- Why I choose a word of the year
- Why you should focus on what you want more of for you and your life, and not focus only on revenue goals
- The steps to create your personalized roadmap to help you get clear on your core values and vision
- How to use your financial data to make strategic goals
- Brainstorming how you can scale your business, in terms of offerings, team, professional development, and profitability
Join my new monthly community, the Uplevel Lounge Collective, where you can connect with me and other leaders to share insight, get encouragement, and build relationships to help you grow!
Get my FREE Word of the Year download
Traction by Gino Wickman (affiliate link)
Join The UpLevel Lounge Facebook Group
Connect with Melissa on Instagram
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to subscribe today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other service providers like you to find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.