When you started your business, did you have trouble stepping into the CEO role? Perhaps your people-pleasing tendencies or insecurities had you asking other people for advice and permission instead of leading the way. These barriers are normal and can be overcome by shifting your mindset in your business.
In today’s episode, I’m talking with Marissa Miluk on how she’s fully embraced being the CEO of her business by infusing it with her unique personality and continually investing in herself. By doing so, she’s fostered a deeper sense of community with her audience and grown her social following by leaps and bounds.
Being authentic to yourself can only help your business (and yourself!) to shine. Don’t lose who you are in order to conform to traditional business advice and being “professional”.
On Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- How Marissa embraced being a multi-passionate individual when starting her dietitian business and how following the traditional path and business advice didn’t work for her
- How Marissa defines success, how that’s changed from when she started her business and now, and the relationship between money and shame
- The barriers Marissa had to overcome in order to fully step into the CEO role of her business
- How allowing her personality to show up in her business has grown Marissa’s audience and fostered a deeper sense of community
- How Marissa has mastered authentic audience growth on her social media platforms and her advice for others to do the same
- How imposter syndrome can come into play when you’re teaching your peers
- Why it’s important to continue investing in yourself and your business
Join my monthly membership community, the Uplevel Lounge® Collective, where you can connect with me and other leaders to share insight, get encouragement, and build relationships to help you grow!
Join The UpLevel Lounge® Facebook Group
Connect with Melissa on Instagram
Marissa Miluk is a registered dietitian, nutritionist and binge eating coach. Marissa works with individuals who struggle with their relationship with food and body image. She specializes in binge eating and through her practice, she helps individuals break free from restrictive eating patterns and reclaim trust with their body to move towards a more compassionate approach to health and well-being. When she isn’t working with clients, she enjoys spreading the anti diet message on Instagram and through her podcast, Behind the Binge.
Connect with Marissa:
Listen to Behind the Binge Podcast
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to subscribe today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other service providers like you to find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.