When you come up with an idea for a business, and even when you’re well into owning and running a business, imposter syndrome can hit hard. It can be easy to think that you’re not capable or that you have to try something completely different. But if you take a beat and follow your intuition, you’ll see that you don’t have to ditch your business or start all over with a new idea.
What you need is a growth mindset and to follow what feels right for you and your business, no matter what others think. Today’s guest has done just that with her business.
In today’s episode, I’m chatting with Amy Nielson about how she has grown from making printables for teachers to owning a successful business operating on a membership model. She’s talking about how important it is to do something that you love, how to reframe entrepreneurial challenges as opportunities, and the importance of collaboration.
Perhaps most importantly, Amy is sharing why you have to just start. Take your idea and roll with it. You’ll learn, and you’ll grow, no matter the outcome.
On Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- How Amy got started creating educational products for teachers, and how she managed to not get caught up in imposter syndrome at the beginning
- Why she pivoted to a membership model, and the importance of following that thing that feels exciting and scary (because it’s probably meant to be your next move)
- How Amy’s business has evolved, and why she wants to empower children and parents through her work
- How collaboration and learning from others has impacted her business positively
- How Amy pushes through the challenges of entrepreneurship
- Amy’s advice for being open to greatness, and the importance of starting without needing to know what the future holds
Join my new monthly community, the Uplevel Lounge® Collective, where you can connect with me and other leaders to share insight, get encouragement, and build relationships to help you grow!
Amy is the creator and CEO of Planning Playtime. She started a multimillion-dollar business from her couch and the carpool wait line in order to be able to stay home with her kids and provide for them.
Amy is passionate about play, reading, and learning. Her videos have over 100 million views online and her products are being used by parents and teachers in homes and classrooms all over the world.
Connect with Amy:
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to subscribe today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other service providers like you to find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.